Dr. Lokendra Singh
Name : Dr. Lokendra Singh
Gender : Male
DoB : 17-07-1957
Nationality : Indian
Dr. LOKENDRA SINGH
MS, MCh, DNB, FRCS (SN)
Consultant Neuro and Spinal Surgeon Director, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, 88/2, Bajaj Nagar, Nagpur 440010, India.
Tel : Res : 0712 2242483 Mob : (91) 09823042161
Work: 91(712) 2236441, 2237662 Fax: 91(712) 2236416
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
M.B.B.S. : 1980, SMS Medical College, Jaipur affiliated with University of Rajasthan, India
M.S. (Surgery) : 1984, SMS Medical College, Jaipur affiliated with University of Rajasthan, India
M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) : 1988, PGIMER Chandigarh, India
D.N.B. (Neurosurgery) : 1990, DNB (Neurosurgery) New Delhi
FRCS III : 1994, Intercollegiate Exam.
Board in Surgical Neurology, EDINBURGH UK
Certified Training : 1992-1994, Royal College of Surgeons of in Neurosurgery England
- Compulsory Rotating Internship (1 year) (1980-81) at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan,
- Housemanship in Psychiatry (Recognised by Medical Council of India) from May 18 1981 to Dec 11 1981, at NUR MANZIL Psychiatric Center,Lalbagh, Lucknow, India.
- Residency in General Surgery (3 years) Jan 1st 82 to Oct 3rd 85, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- Senior Residency in Neurosurgery (3 years) from Jan 27, 1986 to Feb 18, 1989, at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, India.
- Full Time Neurosurgeon from March 15, 1989 to July 9th, 1992, at Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- Registrar in Surgical Neurology (July 1992 to June 1993) at National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery Queen Square,
- Registrar in Surgical Neurology (July 1993 to December 1993) Hope Hospital Salford Lancs, UK
- Registrar in Surgical Neurology (January 1994 to October 1994) Manchester Royal Infirmary Manchester, UK
- Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon from Nov. 1994 to till date Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, India
- Director, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur since 2006 – 2014
- Director, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur from 2015
- Peripheral Nerve injury and hand unit with Ralph Birch at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK, 1993.
- Microneurosurgical training under Kenichiro Sugita at Nagoya, Japan, University Dept. of Neurosurgery, 1993.
- Worked with Lindsay Symon and Prof. DGT Thomas at Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, Holborn, London, 1992-1993.
- Worked at Salford Neurosurgery Dept. with Richard A. Cowie, RAC Jones and CGH West, UK, 1993-1994
- Worked with Richard Lye, FA strang and P. L. Richardson at Dept. of Neurosurgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary Manchester, UK Jan. 1994 – Oct. 1994
- Trained with M. Gazi Yasargil and Prof. Ossama-Al-Mefty at Dept. of Neurosurgery, UAMS, Arkansas, USA, 1997
- Hospital Neurologigue, Lyon, France, with M. Sindou, 2003.
- of Neuroradiology, Bologna, Italy, with Prof Marco Leonardi, 2006
- of Neurosurgery, UAMS, Arkansas, Little rock USA with Prof. Gazi M.Yasargil and Ossama-AL-Mefty 1997
- Dept.of Neurosurgery, Sao Paulo, Brazil
with Prof. Evandro De Oliveira, 2008.
Neuropsychiatric Training at Nur Mazil Psychiatric Centre, Lalbagh Lucknow, India under Dr. David Hicking Botham, 1981.
- Hands on Dissection course at Tokyo, Japan in Sept.
- Instruction course of Midas rex at London in April
- Midas rex 18 hours advanced Instrumentation course at Chicago, USA, July
- International Thoraco-Lumbar ‘Hands-on’ workshop at UCL London, UK, 1993.
- International ‘Hands-on’ workshop on approaches to cavernous sinus and CP angle at UCL London, April,
- 3rd Indo-Japanese Neurosurgical Hands-on workshop Mumbai, India March, 2003.
- Surgical Workshop by M. Samii Hanover Germany at Bombay, Jan.1992.
- Skull Base Workshop at AIIMS, New Delhi, 1995.
- Neuroendoscopy Hands on Workshop at VIMHANS, New Delhi 1999.
- Endoscopic Skull Base Workshop at Mumbai, 2007.
Sugita International Scholarship to train with Prof. Kenichiro Sugita at Nagoya, Japan, Sept-Oct.1993.
- 9th International Congress of Neurological Surgery, New Delhi 1989.
- 52nd Annual Conference of Japanese Neurosurgeons at Tokyo Japan 1993
- 123rd Conference of British Neurosurgeons Birmingham, UK 1994
- 2nd Rottardam International skull base day Rotterdam, Netherlands March,
- 5th Asian-Oceanian International Congress on Skull Base, Mumbai, 1999
- 12th world congress of Neurosurgery, Sydney Australia, Sept. 2001
- International Critical Care Congress Nagpur, India, Feb. 2005
- 2nd International symposium on spine Intervention : Full spectrum, New Delhi, India, April, 2005
- 13th world congress of Neurosurgery Marrakesh, Morocco, June,
- CME of world Federation of Neurology August 2006
- 8th International Congress on cerebrovascular surgery at Taipai, Taiwan 2006
- 9th Ascian –Oceanian International Congress on skull base, Busan, S-Korea Nov 2008.
- 2nd International congress of Ascia Oceania Neurotrauma Society, Tokyo, Japan, March,2010.
- 26th Congress of Society of Neuro Surgeons of South Africa, Durban 3-6 August 2017.
- International Guest Faculty to talk on Reconstruction of Axis vertebra in cases of Trauma’at 2nd International Congress on Neurotrauma at Tokyo, Japan, 2010.
- Has been invited to chair Scientific sessions in more than 25
- Guest Faculty in more than 27 National and Regional
- Attended more than 90 Conferences at National Presented more then 15 cases in clinical meetings of Academy of Medical Sciences, Nagpur.
- International Faculty at 26th Congress of Neuro Surgeons of South Africa, Durban, 2017.
- Department of Neurosurgery Shinshu University Mastumoto,
- Department of Radio Surgery Komaki,
- of Neurosurgery Nagoya University City Hospital, Nagoya Japan.
- Spinal Surgery, Microvascular Surgery, Skull base Surgery and Minimally Invasive
- Functional Neurosurgery – Branchial Plexus and periph. nerve surg
- Patent No. 224547 date:- 08-03-2006 Inflatable Intra Ventricular Ballon Device.
- Patent No. 219414 date:- 22-03-2006 Development of a Device – Cylindrical Channel Retractor for Intraventricular Surgery
- Use of an inflatable balloon on a catheter to prevent subdural fluid collections after intraventricular tumor surgery (Technical note) Lokendra Singh, Ch., Shailesh Kelkar, M.Ch., & Nilesh Agrawal, M.Ch. Journal of Neurosurgery. Vol. 108 No. 5 May 2008.p. no. 1028-32. Department of Neurosurgery, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, India.
- “Cylindrical channel retractor for intraventricular tumor surgery – a simple and inexpensive device” Lokendra Singh, M.Ch., Nilesh Agrawal, M.Ch. accepted in Acta Neurochirurgical. Acta Neurochirurgica. Vol.151 No.11 November 2009. p.no. 1493-97.
- Stitch retractor – simple and easy technique to retract brain Lokendra Singh, M.Ch., Nilesh Agrawal, M.Ch. World Neurosurgery. Vol.73, issue 2 February 2010.p.np.123-127.
- Surgical management of posterior cranial fossa meningiomas. British Journal of Neurosurgery (1993), Vol 7, No. 6, Pages 599-609.
- Ozone nucleolysis in the management of lumbar intervertebral disc prolapsed : A retrospective non-randomised analysis. Spinal Surg. Vol. 1 No. 4 April 2010 Contributions in books
1. Progress in Clinical Neurosciences ( Volume 26 ) Editors Deepu Banerji, Apoorva Pauranik Dorsal median approach for intradural and intramedullary (IDIM) tumours Page 226 – 231
2. The Journal of Spinal Surgery ( Volume 31 ) Editors: Muthu Kumar & Vinay Goyal Page 119 – 208
- GMC (UK) 4327743
- NSI SNS-041.
- Neuro-otologic Soc. of India – 366
- Epilepsy Society of India – S-012
- IMA Academy of Medical Sciences – Mah/513/2/152/2002-03/L
- Recipient of “Sahitya Academy Award” (First Prize) of Govt. of Maharashtra in 2011 for collection of Poems “Bunde Jeevan Ki” Published by Vani Prakashan, New Delhi.
- Invited as a Resource Person for Refresher Course for All India Hindi University Teachers under the auspices of University Grand Commission organised by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University in
- Many English and Hindi poems published in News papers &
- Poetry recitations in “Kavi Sammelans”.
- Writings on Medical subjects for public at
- English and Hindi articles and Series to increase public awareness on various issues related to
- More than 55 articles, Satires and short stories in News Papers & magazines
- “Cofin Her Back” published by Lifi Publication
- “Ajey” The invincible published by Lifi Publication
- “Reminiscences of Neurosurgeon” published by Lifi Publication
- “The Scandals, Candles & Sandals” published by Leadstart Publication
- Many awards for Stage Performances, Drama Directions
- Radio Artist & TV
- Dosar Vaishya Mahasabha Samman Chinha
- Rotary Club Nagpur West appreciation Award 2007-2008.
- Hindi Rastra Bhasha Prachar Samiti Smruti Chinha
- Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International.
- Rastriya Pustak Mela Smruti Chinha
- Khatargachchh Jain Samaj Samman
- Vidarbha Hindi Sahitya Sammelan Nagpur ‘Sahitya Sanman 2012’.
- ‘Abhinandan Patra’ by Sakal Jain Samaj Nagpur,
- ‘Excellent Achievers Award 2012’ by Indian Muslim Graduates Foundation.
- ‘SARTH Abhiman’ by Baji Prabhu Nagrik Mandal, 1st September
- Felicitation by Gujarat Samaj on 15th August
- Rajasthani Mahila Mandal Samman,
- Scroll of Gratitude by undergraduate cell NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur2013
- Prestigious ‘Vidarbha Seva Samman’ conferred on 8th August 2013 in the presence of Sant Bhayyujji Maharaj, Nitin Gadkari, Shivaji Rao Moghe and Former MP Banwarilal
- A rare ‘Certificate of Honour’ by batch mates of SMS Medical College, Jaipur 1974 for being the most talented member of the batch
- ‘Dainik Bhaskar Satkar’ 2014 for social
- ‘Hindi Sewa Samman’ by Lokmat Group
- Abhinandan by Paschim Nagpur Bangya Samiti, Bengali Association,
- ‘Sadbhav Samman’ and felicitation by Indian Peace Centre, Nagpur in 2015 for contribution in the field of Hindi Literature under the auspices of Maharashtra Rajya Hindi Sahitya
- ‘The Pride of Planet Award 2016’ by Pachlore Foundation, Amravati, Maharashtra
|Beneficiary Patients Category||2018-2019||2017-2018||2017-2016|
|Total No. of Beneficiary Patients||2018-2019||2017-2018||2017-2016|
1.Patent No. 224547 date:- 08-03-2006
Inflatable Intra Ventricular Ballon Device.
2.Patent No. 219414 date:- 22-03-2006 Development of a Device – Cylindrical Channel Retractor for Intraventricular Surgery.
- State Award for Medical Services at the hands of Governor and Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 1st May
- Sant Namdeo Purskar (Poetry),
1st Prize by Maharashtra Hindi Sahitya Academy, Govt. of Maharashtra in 2010
- “The Scandals, Candles & Sandals” published by Leadstart Publications
- “Cofin Her Back” published by Lifi Publications
- “Reminiscences of Neurosurgeon” published by Lifi Publications
- “Ajey” The invincible published by Lifi Publications
- Collection of Poems
- “ Bunde Jeevan Ki ” Published by Vani Prakashan, New Delhi.
- Extensively covered by English & Hindi Dailies for Medical & Social Welfare