Dr. Mrs. Sanjeevanee S. Kelkar
Dr. Mrs. Sanjeevanee S. Kelkar
MBBS, MS Gen. Surgery
Department of General Surgery, Endoscopy & Breast Surgery
Name : Dr.Sanjeevanee Sanjeev Kelkar
Gender : Female
DOB : 25th January 1954 (Nagpur)
Nationality : Indian
Working at CIIMS : 1993
- B.B.S. MGIMS Sewagram in 1975 December. All exams cleared in 1st attempt. Got Distinction & Medal in Anatomy from university of Nagpur. Stood 2nd in College in 2nd M.B.B.S. & in Final M.B.B.S.
- Did Rotatary Internship in MGIMS Sewagram in Worked as Houseman in General Surgery for 6 months & Houseman in Anaesthesiology for 6 months.
- Secured admission in B.J. Medical College, Pune for M.S. [Gen. Surgery] in 1978
- Worked as Registrar in surgery, & also as C.M.O. in B.J. M.C.& Sassoon General Hospitals, for the session.
- Worked as Research Fellow in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL & Research Centre in Mumbai for 6 months [August 1980 to January 1981].
- Worked as Registrar in Santacruz General Hospital Mumbai for 6 months [February 1980 to July 1980].
- Worked as Registrar in Gen & Cardio thoracic Surgery in N.M. Wadia Charitable Trust Hospital for One year [February 1981 to January 1982] .
- Worked as Medical Officer in Ashish Gram Rachana Trust in Pachod, Aurangabad, a Community Health & Development Centre, For 9 months [1982 May to 1983 January].
- Appeared for M.S. General Surgery in April 1982 & passed . [ As the experience during Residency was found inadequate , decided to appear for the Exams after the above various experiences ].
- From 1983 February worked as fulltime Surgeon –cum Gynaecologist & Obstetrician cum Anaesthesiologist in Charitable hospital in Coorg , as there being no back-up in a hilly ,remote tribal area .
- Worked in L.A.D. College of Home Science for 2 Years as Lecturer in Community Medicine. [bet January 1993 to Dec 1994].
- Worked as Medical Superintendent cum Surgeon in Nagrik Sahakari Rugnalaya Maryadit in Nagpur [Bet 1991 August to 1992July].
- As Visiting Surgeon in CIIMS Hospital During 1993 Jan to 1994 Dec .
- Present job holding since 1995 Jan as fulltime consultant Surgeon in CIIMS Hospital Nagpur
- MBBS 1976 Nagpur University
- MS (General Surgery) 1982, Pune University (B J Medical College and Sasoon General Hospital).
- For 9 and half years worked in a charitable 60 bedded base hospital and mobile hospital in remote area in south India as- surgeon / gynecologist / obstetrician / Anesthesiologist. There was hardly any back up.
- Presently working in CIIMS hospital as a full time General Surgeon,
- Since Dec 2006 an additional responsibility of Medical Superintendent is given to
- Life member of association of Surgeons of India,
- Life member of Indian Medical Association,
- Life member of Academy of Medical
- Splenic injuries and Splenic implants,
- Conservative Management of Piles and varicose Veins
- Abdominal Tuberculosis— Different types of presentation in patients variable
- Breast Cancer Awareness in
- For last 16 years along with NGO awareness program is conducted in schools for 9th standard students titled as ‘Dreams & Facts’ [family life education] premarital counseling for youth is also
Reading, Painting, Writing on Social Issues in magazines and local and national news papers, Importing Knowledge to Adolescents, solving their problems. Voluntary organizations work; Ethical issues in Drugs, Ethics in health are areas of deep interests & involved in taking lectures, writing on themes